For most domestic central heating requirements in Shropshire P to R and elsewhere in Shropshire a more than 90% efficient condensing “combi” boiler and domestic hot water package, is the perfect solution to all your hot water needs. Its space-saving wall hung design provides high efficient heating for all Salop household needs, including hot water and radiant systems for heating the home. Ample domestic hot water production and space heating are provided when the boiler is sized correctly for your Shropshire home providing a supply for showers and washing the dishes while eliminating the need for a separate storage tank.
Central Heating and Boiler Basics
Natural gas*, supplied to the home by an underground main line, is fed through a small pipe leading into your home. When the thermostat triggers the boiler to heat the house, a valve opens, releasing the natural gas into a combustion chamber in the form of small jets. An electric spark ignites the fuel. The fire heats the water-filled pipes that circulate through your home. The pipes connect to a radiator where the heated water emits heat energy into the room. Once the heat is exhausted into the air, the cooled water returns through the pipes leading back to the boiler to be reheated and circulated again.
- – Other fuels such as Oil, Biomass and LPG may be used, but the principle is the same for all.
Boiler inspection, servicing, and maintenance is essential as modern heating systems are quite complex and the malfunctioning of any component may cause the whole system to stop working.
Worst of all failure of heating is most likely to occur when the system is working the hardest, on the coldest days of winter, unless it is properly serviced. Don’t make it more likely that you will shiver! Get your boiler inspection done annually!
Boilers, Furnaces and Central Air Conditioning - When To Fix, When To Replace
By opting for a condensing boiler to convert energy of natural gas to heat your home or apartment you are not only helping yourself by saving on heating bills but also make possible environmental well being while helping the whole world.
Wasted energy = wasted money
Whatever the fuel type may be, is said to be efficient about 90% at the lower end and - 98% at the upper. Your 15 year or so old traditional oil fired boiler is at least 12% less efficient than this. Whether it is gas or oil, you can imagine how much fossil fuel the high efficiency boiler would conserve, how much CO2 emission it would curtail and the pile of moolah you would save during the next 30 or 40 year plus life span.
What makes a condensing boiler more efficient?
A traditional gas burning boiler or a condensing boiler of recent vintage technology is not different to any oil burning boiler in basic working mechanism. The extra bit of efficiency in boiler is due to the condensation of water of combustion from steam state to liquid, releasing the latent heat of vaporisation. (Sadly if not for the condensing boiler, this huge percentage of heat energy will be sent up through the chimney as flue gases, without the home owner having a clue to what's happening). Inherently any boiler can achieve fuel efficiencies of 90% upwards easily.
A centralized heating system, incorporating a condenser boiler depends on several other system components. These would include the control system, DHW cylinders, Terminal units such as radiators etc. Unless there is a collectively efficient system in operation the ultimate overall efficiency will not be as desired.
Proprietary Brands and advanced designs
Proprietary brands such as Viessmann, a world leader in this field have developed technologies such as their stainless steel Inox-radial heat exchangers for natural gas combustion, capable of extracting almost to the end of last wave of thermal energy otherwise just wasted. Vitotronic controls (microprocessor based control system), Vitocell domestic hot water cylinder, lambda pro control combustion controls (a metering system that adjust the combustion process to the properties of any gaseous fuel) are other advanced features developed by them. The ultimate result is a very welcome consistent fuel efficiency of about 98%.
- Paddolgreen Shropshire SY4 Emergency Boiler Repair
- Pentre Shropshire SY4 Oil Boiler Service
- Picklescott Shropshire SY6 Boiler Repairs
- Pitchford Shropshire SY5 Boiler Repairs
- Plealey Shropshire SY5 Boilers
- Pontesbury Shropshire SY5 Emergency Boiler Repair
- Poynton Green Shropshire SY4 Biomass Boilers
- Preston Brockhurst Shropshire SY4 Boilers
- Preston Gubbals Shropshire SY4 Emergency Boiler Repair
- Pulverbatch Shropshire SY5 Boiler Repairs
- Quina Brook Shropshire SY4 Boiler Installation
- Ratlinghope Shropshire SY5 Boiler Service
- Rodington Shropshire SY4 Boiler Service
- Rowton Shropshire TF6 Boiler Service
- Ruyton-xi-towns Shropshire SY4 Oil Boiler Service
- Shawbury Shropshire SY4 Biomass Boilers
- Shrawardine Shropshire SY4 Shrewsbury Boiler Service
- Stanwardine In The Fields Shropshire SY4 Boiler Service
- Stapleton Shropshire SY5 Biomass Boilers
- Stretton Westwood Shropshire TF13 Oil Boiler Service
- Shawbury Shropshire SY4 Boiler Engineers