A gas boiler, fuelled with natural gas, oil, LPG or propane (etc), is the most common kind of appliance used for central heating in Kinton Shropshire SY4 and throughout the United Kingdom. It heats water which flows through pipes or a radiator, and it is used for hot water in the home as well as for a central heating system. It is also used for radiant floor heating systems. An annual boiler inspection and maintenance check by a registered “Gas Safe” gas boiler service heating engineer is essential for safety and comply with UK Law.
The Engineer will make sure that the heating system is installed according to regulations during the annual central heating and boiler inspection, that it is safe and it is working efficiently according to the manufacturers’ instructions. If this is done properly every year, gas boiler breakdowns and the resulting emergency repair work can often be avoided.
Kinton Shropshire SY4 Super Low Energy Combi Boiler Inspection – Many Things You Should to Know
Gas boilers normally extract the air they require for combustion either from inside the heated area or straight from the outside. Extracting air directly from outside, characteristically via a plastic pipe that moves through an outside wall, is more effective and secure.
This system is generally referred to as 'sealed combustion', since the gas is burned in a chamber that is blocked to engaged areas. This arrangement almost removes any hazard in the event of combustion gases seeping out into engaged areas.
The efficiency of gas boilers can be greatly increased by incorporating motorized dampers that block the flue pipe outlet when the boiler is not in use. This helps in preventing the loss of heated room air between boiler cycles. Another way to increase the efficiency of gas boilers is by using electric ignition. This does away with the necessity for a standing pilot light.
Gas boiler efficiency can also be enhanced by fan-assisted combustion systems, which do not call for a very big natural draft chimney and can be relieved through a minor flue pipe straight through a wall. Gas boilers, in reality, operate best at full load. When their intensity is lessened, they can drop by as much 20 percentage points in efficiency.
If building requirements are diverse, as is common in commercial buildings, multiple boilers are considered to be highly suitable. Generally, small gas boilers that function effectively are considered a better option than the most suitable of the bigger gas boilers. As has been observed, a number of small boilers can function more competently than a single big system. The reason is that each gas boiler can function frequently close to its full load, which is the most important yardstick for a gas boiler to function in an effective manner.
What You Always Wanted to Know About Combi Boilers
When the cold weather starts to show its nasty face, we all know that it won't be long before the home central heating is switched on to keep us warm. Sometimes though it decides not to work and you have to find someone who knows how to fix it.
A very small percentage of people have their boiler serviced every year without fail, these are the people who prepare for the colder months, knowing that when they need the heating on it will all be fine.
The majority of people though these days seem to forget or just don't bother to have the boiler serviced until it breaks down. The boiler is just like a car, you need to have the car checked over and oil added if needed, otherwise it will eventually breakdown.
I have listed 5 reasons below on why you should have the boiler serviced.
- One of the mains reasons why your boiler should be serviced each year is safety. When a service is carried out the flue pipe that removes the exhaust gas is checked over for leakage. Should a leak in the flue pipe be found, it could be producing carbon monoxide into the room that the boiler is located in, and we all know how dangerous to life it can be.
- We all like to keep warm in the winter months, but can you imagine coming home from work on a very cold evening only to find your home is cold because the boiler has stopped.
- The boiler fitted in your property normally supplies both hot water and heating throughout your home, should the boiler stop working you may find yourself taking a cold shower.
- If your boiler is either a combination or system boiler then it will be fitted with an expansion vessel somewhere, it could be fitted internal of the boiler or fitted externally close to the boiler. This vessel over time will loose its pressure and needs to be reset.
- The boilers of today are very highly tuned to give you the user the efficiency you require, when the service is carried out, the boiler is connected to a gas analyser to check on it efficiency and safety. Should the boiler need adjustments then it can be adjusted and checked over again.
If your boiler is around 11 years old or younger it will most likely be a high efficient condensing boiler. These boilers are not like the old style boilers that went on for many years without having a service. Those boilers were very costly to use, around 40% of your fuel bill went out of the boilers flue.
Today's condensing boilers have an efficiency rating of around 90%, that's a saving of around 30% on your fuel bill, but if fail to have the boiler serviced you will start see your fuel bills rise along with the fuel suppliers regular increase.
It's very important to have a regular boiler service because it will also increase the life of the boiler, if left then the life span becomes very low, and you will be changing the boiler at some stage, and we all know how costly that can be.
Top Tip, When you find someone to service your boiler, if the boiler works by gas then you must use a Gas Safe Registered Engineer to carry out the work for you. You must not use a friend or someone who says don't worry I can do it for you unless they are registered.
The boiler when working keeps us all warm with plenty of hot water, but when it stops it become a headache.
For Kinton Shropshire SY4 Systems We Often Suggest Purchasing From The Vaillant Combi Boiler Range
A gas boiler, fuelled with natural gas or propane, is one kind of appliance used for central heating. It heats water which flows through pipes or a radiator, and it is used for hot water in the home as well as for a central heating system. It is also used for radiant floor heating systems. An annual maintenance check by a registered gas boiler service heating engineer is very important for safety and efficiency. They will make sure that the heating system is installed according to regulations, that it is safe and it is working efficiently according to the manufacturers' instructions. If this is done properly every year, gas boiler repair work can be avoided.
In order for the boiler to be serviced properly it needs to be working.
Gas boiler service varies according to the type of boiler, but there are some things that should be checked on in any boiler. This will be done by the engineer according to the instructions in the manual which came with the boiler when it was installed. The main things that should be checked are:
1. check for leaks
2. check the gas pressure
3. check if it is producing carbon monoxide
4. check if it is functioning properly
5. check the overall condition
6. check the pump and valves
7. check for enough ventilation
8. check the safety and cleanliness of the flue
Old cast iron boilers that have an open flue will need to be dismantled and cleaned which is not needed for modern boilers. They have a systems performance test. Depending on the condition and type of boiler it can take anywhere from a half an hour to an hour and a half for a complete gas boiler service. Contractors are often willing to do servicing, especially during the summer, for greatly reduced prices, hoping that you will call them later if you need any gas boiler repair work.
If there is concern that a boiler is not working properly, and gas service is required, there are some things that can be checked:
1. Make sure there is enough water pressure by looking on the pressure gauge. It should show 1.0-1.5 bar.
2. Make sure the pilot light is lit.
3. If the pilot light is lit but there is no hot water, or it is unusually noisy, it may be a gas valve or pump failure in which case an engineer needs to be called.
4. If there is hot water but no central heating, the diverter valve may not be functioning.
5. If the top of the radiator is cold it may need to be "bled". There is a bleed valve near the top that will release air. If it is cold on the bottom there is most likely sludge or rust blocking the radiator.
If there is no heat at all check the gas and make sure it is turned on as well as the thermostats and control switches. Make sure the pump is running and make sure the pilot light is lit. Many of these minor gas boiler repairs can be done at home with the use of the manufacturers' manual. If you can identify a problem, but are not sure how to fix it even with a manual, call a heating engineer for routine gas boiler service.