A gas boiler, fuelled with natural gas, oil, LPG or propane (etc), is the most common kind of appliance used for central heating in Westbury Shropshire SY5 and throughout the United Kingdom. It heats water which flows through pipes or a radiator, and it is used for hot water in the home as well as for a central heating system. It is also used for radiant floor heating systems. An annual boiler inspection and maintenance check by a registered “Gas Safe” gas boiler service heating engineer is essential for safety and comply with UK Law.
The Engineer will make sure that the heating system is installed according to regulations during the annual central heating and boiler inspection, that it is safe and it is working efficiently according to the manufacturers’ instructions. If this is done properly every year, gas boiler breakdowns and the resulting emergency repair work can often be avoided.
Westbury Shropshire SY5 Super Low Energy Combi Boiler Inspection – Many Things You Will Want to Take Note Of
When the cold weather starts to show its nasty face, we all know that it won't be long before the home central heating is switched on to keep us warm. Sometimes though it decides not to work and you have to find someone who knows how to fix it.
A very small percentage of people have their boiler serviced every year without fail, these are the people who prepare for the colder months, knowing that when they need the heating on it will all be fine.
The majority of people though these days seem to forget or just don't bother to have the boiler serviced until it breaks down. The boiler is just like a car, you need to have the car checked over and oil added if needed, otherwise it will eventually breakdown.
I have listed 5 reasons below on why you should have the boiler serviced.
- One of the mains reasons why your boiler should be serviced each year is safety. When a service is carried out the flue pipe that removes the exhaust gas is checked over for leakage. Should a leak in the flue pipe be found, it could be producing carbon monoxide into the room that the boiler is located in, and we all know how dangerous to life it can be.
- We all like to keep warm in the winter months, but can you imagine coming home from work on a very cold evening only to find your home is cold because the boiler has stopped.
- The boiler fitted in your property normally supplies both hot water and heating throughout your home, should the boiler stop working you may find yourself taking a cold shower.
- If your boiler is either a combination or system boiler then it will be fitted with an expansion vessel somewhere, it could be fitted internal of the boiler or fitted externally close to the boiler. This vessel over time will loose its pressure and needs to be reset.
- The boilers of today are very highly tuned to give you the user the efficiency you require, when the service is carried out, the boiler is connected to a gas analyser to check on it efficiency and safety. Should the boiler need adjustments then it can be adjusted and checked over again.
If your boiler is around 11 years old or younger it will most likely be a high efficient condensing boiler. These boilers are not like the old style boilers that went on for many years without having a service. Those boilers were very costly to use, around 40% of your fuel bill went out of the boilers flue.
Today's condensing boilers have an efficiency rating of around 90%, that's a saving of around 30% on your fuel bill, but if fail to have the boiler serviced you will start see your fuel bills rise along with the fuel suppliers regular increase.
It's very important to have a regular boiler service because it will also increase the life of the boiler, if left then the life span becomes very low, and you will be changing the boiler at some stage, and we all know how costly that can be.
Top Tip, When you find someone to service your boiler, if the boiler works by gas then you must use a Gas Safe Registered Engineer to carry out the work for you. You must not use a friend or someone who says don't worry I can do it for you unless they are registered.
The boiler when working keeps us all warm with plenty of hot water, but when it stops it become a headache.
The Top Reasons Why You Should Have Your Boiler Serviced
Worcester-Bosch are undoubtedly one of the leading manufacturers of gas fired boilers in the UK, with a rich history spanning 50 years of production, Worcester are one the household names to look for when purchasing a new gas boiler for your home.
In August 2012, Worcester announced the launch (although to many say it was a revision) of the new Greenstar CDi Classic Combination Boiler Range.
A total of 8 models of boilers have been launched, they are:
Greenstar 29Cdi Classic - (Formerly Greenstar 27Cdi)
Greenstar 34Cdi Classic - (Formerly Greenstar 30Cdi)
Greenstar 38Cdi Classic- (Formerly Greenstar 37Cdi)
Greenstar 42Cdi Classic - (Formerly Greenstar 42Cdi)
All models are available in either standard natural gas, or in an LPG option for those in remote locations.
So What's The Difference?
Most notably, the Greenstar Classic range have had a whole host of internal upgrades and improvements with the clever introduction of a more energy efficient standby mode. With consumers continually looking at ways to reduce their energy consumption within the home, Worcester have managed to reduce the standby electricity output of the CDi boilers from 9W to just 3.5W in the new CDi Classic Boilers.
This enables customers to benefit from a more energy efficient source of heating and hot water, which will have a positive impact on electricity bills. Therefore keeping a high standard in energy efficiency and maintaining the SEBUK A-Rated performance values in excess of 90% efficient.
The overall outputs of 27kW, 30kW and 37kW within the CDi range have been upgraded to 29kW, 34kW and 38kW in a move which substantially improves performance in flow rates, giving better hot water service to bathrooms and kitchens.
In addition to this increase in performance and reduction in energy consumption, the everyday operation has not been overlooked in this overhaul. The introduction of a magnetic flap access panel has greatly improved upon the Greenstar CDi's original push and click mechanism, a feature which often failed with many years of use.
With peace of mind and reduced costs on everyone's minds, Worcester haven't scrimped on the warranty either, with a current promotion of a full 5 Year parts and labour warranty on the boiler and a huge 10 Year Warranty on the primary heat exchanger.
Some features and benefits at a glance:
- Best boiler efficiency rating SEDBUK band A
- Fully condensing in both central heating and domestic hot water modes
- Keep hot facility - instantly available hot water
- Extremely small standby electrical output of 3.5W - energy efficient
- Wall mounting frame allows pipework to be hidden from view
- Vertical pre-piping kit
- Below boiler pipe cover
- Earth bonding strip
- Low NOx and CO2 emissions - environmentally friendly
- 5 year boiler guarantee until 31st December 2012, terms and conditions apply (standard guarantee: 2 years)
- 10 year guarantee on primary heat exchanger
- 5 year anti-scale guarantee on domestic hot water heat exchanger
- Hot water and central heating temperatures can be controlled
- Multi-directional fluing means boiler can be sited in a wider variety of places
- Mechanical, digital and new generation intelligent controls all compatible
- Heat load and flow generated precisely to meet the heating system's requirements using a modulating pump
With the introduction of the new Greenstar Classic Combination boilers in 2012, Worcester's continued program of improvements ensures they remain the UK's favoured choice for boiler manufacturer, there is no better time to purchase a combi boiler to reduce bills and save energy.
For Westbury Shropshire SY5 Systems We Often Suggest Purchasing From The Worcester Combi Boiler Range
If your looking for a low cost, efficient boiler for your home, then your looking for the same thing just about everyone else is looking for. With today's electrical costs starting to skyrocket, and the economy being where it's at, people are looking for a way to save money without having to find more work. If our economy is doing one thing it's making people wake up and smell the savings right under our noses. It's actually easier to find ways to change your status quo to save money than it is to find new ways to generate revenue. One of the first places you should check is your boiler/heating source. Many people are going with the Weil Mclain gas boiler due to its high efficiency heat output and its low cost, low maintenance operating structure.
Of all the different units available today, the Weil Mclain gas boiler stands on its own against the others. This company has dedicated itself to creating one of the most efficient units you can find. You will actually find these units in many residential areas mounted into the wall and often they blend in nicely with any décor. They put off a great deal of heat and don't need to be installed in every room to heat the whole house. You don't have to be a mechanic to figure out how to use one of these and they don't require much maintenance over the years. They are pretty much set it and forget it (other than your temperature control routine). The internal workings are a bit high tech but that doesn't take from the ease of use.
Installation is also a cinch by design. You can get boiler insurance for your unit so if anything goes wrong you're covered, but for the most part this is unnecessary as the manufacture offers a warranty usually for the first to third and sometimes five years from the date of purchase. If your boiler works well throughout the first year, chances are it will last a very long time. These boilers are built to last and designed to take care of your heating needs for years and years.