For most domestic central heating requirements in Shropshire A to C and elsewhere in Shropshire a more than 90% efficient condensing “combi” boiler and domestic hot water package, is the perfect solution to all your hot water needs. Its space-saving wall hung design provides high efficient heating for all Salop household needs, including hot water and radiant systems for heating the home. Ample domestic hot water production and space heating are provided when the boiler is sized correctly for your Shropshire home providing a supply for showers and washing the dishes while eliminating the need for a separate storage tank.
Central Heating and Boiler Basics
Natural gas*, supplied to the home by an underground main line, is fed through a small pipe leading into your home. When the thermostat triggers the boiler to heat the house, a valve opens, releasing the natural gas into a combustion chamber in the form of small jets. An electric spark ignites the fuel. The fire heats the water-filled pipes that circulate through your home. The pipes connect to a radiator where the heated water emits heat energy into the room. Once the heat is exhausted into the air, the cooled water returns through the pipes leading back to the boiler to be reheated and circulated again.
- – Other fuels such as Oil, Biomass and LPG may be used, but the principle is the same for all.
Boiler inspection, servicing, and maintenance is essential as modern heating systems are quite complex and the malfunctioning of any component may cause the whole system to stop working.
Worst of all failure of heating is most likely to occur when the system is working the hardest, on the coldest days of winter, unless it is properly serviced. Don’t make it more likely that you will shiver! Get your boiler inspection done annually!
The Top Reasons Why You Should Have Your Boiler Serviced
There comes a time in every homeowner's life when they must wrestle with the decision of whether or not they should repair their existing heating system, or bite the bullet and purchase a new one. Boilers and furnaces are one of the most expensive pieces of equipment in your home, so naturally you want to get as many years of service out of them as possible. Yet some times, it just doesn't make sense to make small repairs on a unit well past its prime.
The best way to prolong your system's lifespan is to ensure you have your system professionally serviced annually. This will help ensure the unit is running at maximum efficiency. It will also ensure that small problems are brought to light before they become larger expenses. However, when problems do come up, consider the following:
Is the problem easily fixable?There are many components of a HVAC unit that can easily be replaced; yet when some parts go it is much more difficult to fix. For example, ignition modules, thermocouples, or zone controls are all components that are easily replaced on heating systems. Yet, when a section of your boiler cracks, there is not much you can do except purchase a new unit.
Likewise, on air conditioners and heat pumps - many things can go wrong which are fixable. But when the evaporator coil or the condenser fails they are not easily repaired. And one of these parts needs to be replaced, it is best to replace the other with a compatible unit. Coils and condensers which are not matched can function together, but will not run optimally. Mismatched units will show decreases in performance, increased energy use, and premature system failure. So despite the higher initial cost, it is a smarter move to replace both components at the same time for maximum efficiency and prolonged equipment life.
Is the equipment inefficient?Another point of consideration is whether or not it pays to keep an outdated piece of equipment running in your home. If your boiler or furnace is over 15 years old, the efficiency is probably somewhere between 50-75%. Newer high efficiency models are between 85-95% efficient. Replacing an outdated unit with a new high efficiency model will save you money on your fuel bill.
What can go wrong next? If you have an older piece of equipment, you also must consider what may go wrong next. Making multiple small repairs can add up fast. If your unit is fixable, but the cost of repair is high, you may want to consider replacement. While it will be more expensive up front, you will save money in small repairs down the road, as well as save yourself a few headaches.
- Acton Burnell Shropshire SY5 Boiler Engineers
- Admaston Shropshire TF5 Biomass Boilers
- Alberbury Shropshire SY5 Corfield Plumbers
- Albrighton Shropshire SY4 Corfield Plumbers
- All Stretton Shropshire SY6 Gas Boiler
- Asterley Shropshire SY5 Biomass Boilers
- Astley Shropshire SY4 Boiler Repairs
- Aston Shropshire SY4 Corfield Plumbers
- Atcham Shropshire SY5 Boilers
- Baschurch Shropshire SY4 Boilers
- Battlefield Shropshire SY1 Boiler Installation
- Berrington Shropshire SY5 Boiler Installation
- Bishop’s Castle Shropshire SY9 Gas Boiler Repairs
- Bomere Heath Shropshire SY4 Boiler Service
- Booley Shropshire SY4 Boiler Installation
- Burlton Shropshire SY4 Gas Boiler
- Cardeston Shropshire SY5 Oil Boiler Service
- Cardington Shropshire SY6 Gas Boiler
- Cefn Einion Shropshire SY9 Shrewsbury Boiler Service
- Church Pulverbatch Shropshire SY5 Boiler Engineers
- Church Stretton Shropshire SY6 Gas Boiler Repairs
- Clive Shropshire SY4 Biomass Boilers
- Colebatch Shropshire SY9 Corfield Plumbers
- Condover Shropshire SY5 Gas Boiler
- Cound Shropshire SY5 Gas Boiler Repairs
- Cressage Shropshire SY5 Shrewsbury Boiler Service
- Uffington Shropshire SY4 Gas Boiler
- Upton Magna Shropshire SY4 Gas Boiler Repairs
- Walcot Shropshire SY7 Boiler Installation
- Walford Shropshire SY4 Boiler Installation
- Westbury Shropshire SY5 Shrewsbury Boiler Service
- Weston Lullingfields Shropshire SY4 Shrewsbury Boiler Service
- Wilcott Shropshire SY4 Corfield Plumbers
- Withington Shropshire SY4 Gas Boiler Repairs
- Wollaston Shropshire SY5 Corfield Plumbers
- Woolstaston Shropshire SY6 Corfield Plumbers
- Wrockwardine Shropshire TF6 Boilers
- Wroxeter Shropshire SY5 Corfield Plumbers
- Wykey Shropshire SY4 Corfield Plumbers
- Yeaton Shropshire SY4 Boiler Repairs
- Yockleton Shropshire SY5 Boilers
- Yorton Shropshire SY4 Shrewsbury Boiler Service