For most domestic central heating requirements in Shropshire A to C and elsewhere in Shropshire a more than 90% efficient condensing “combi” boiler and domestic hot water package, is the perfect solution to all your hot water needs. Its space-saving wall hung design provides high efficient heating for all Salop household needs, including hot water and radiant systems for heating the home. Ample domestic hot water production and space heating are provided when the boiler is sized correctly for your Shropshire home providing a supply for showers and washing the dishes while eliminating the need for a separate storage tank.
Central Heating and Boiler Basics
Natural gas*, supplied to the home by an underground main line, is fed through a small pipe leading into your home. When the thermostat triggers the boiler to heat the house, a valve opens, releasing the natural gas into a combustion chamber in the form of small jets. An electric spark ignites the fuel. The fire heats the water-filled pipes that circulate through your home. The pipes connect to a radiator where the heated water emits heat energy into the room. Once the heat is exhausted into the air, the cooled water returns through the pipes leading back to the boiler to be reheated and circulated again.
- – Other fuels such as Oil, Biomass and LPG may be used, but the principle is the same for all.
Boiler inspection, servicing, and maintenance is essential as modern heating systems are quite complex and the malfunctioning of any component may cause the whole system to stop working.
Worst of all failure of heating is most likely to occur when the system is working the hardest, on the coldest days of winter, unless it is properly serviced. Don’t make it more likely that you will shiver! Get your boiler inspection done annually!
High Efficiency Condensing Boilers and Combination Boilers
A gas boiler, fuelled with natural gas or propane, is one kind of appliance used for central heating. It heats water which flows through pipes or a radiator, and it is used for hot water in the home as well as for a central heating system. It is also used for radiant floor heating systems. An annual maintenance check by a registered gas boiler service heating engineer is very important for safety and efficiency. They will make sure that the heating system is installed according to regulations, that it is safe and it is working efficiently according to the manufacturers' instructions. If this is done properly every year, gas boiler repair work can be avoided.
In order for the boiler to be serviced properly it needs to be working.
Gas boiler service varies according to the type of boiler, but there are some things that should be checked on in any boiler. This will be done by the engineer according to the instructions in the manual which came with the boiler when it was installed. The main things that should be checked are:
1. check for leaks
2. check the gas pressure
3. check if it is producing carbon monoxide
4. check if it is functioning properly
5. check the overall condition
6. check the pump and valves
7. check for enough ventilation
8. check the safety and cleanliness of the flue
Old cast iron boilers that have an open flue will need to be dismantled and cleaned which is not needed for modern boilers. They have a systems performance test. Depending on the condition and type of boiler it can take anywhere from a half an hour to an hour and a half for a complete gas boiler service. Contractors are often willing to do servicing, especially during the summer, for greatly reduced prices, hoping that you will call them later if you need any gas boiler repair work.
If there is concern that a boiler is not working properly, and gas service is required, there are some things that can be checked:
1. Make sure there is enough water pressure by looking on the pressure gauge. It should show 1.0-1.5 bar.
2. Make sure the pilot light is lit.
3. If the pilot light is lit but there is no hot water, or it is unusually noisy, it may be a gas valve or pump failure in which case an engineer needs to be called.
4. If there is hot water but no central heating, the diverter valve may not be functioning.
5. If the top of the radiator is cold it may need to be "bled". There is a bleed valve near the top that will release air. If it is cold on the bottom there is most likely sludge or rust blocking the radiator.
If there is no heat at all check the gas and make sure it is turned on as well as the thermostats and control switches. Make sure the pump is running and make sure the pilot light is lit. Many of these minor gas boiler repairs can be done at home with the use of the manufacturers' manual. If you can identify a problem, but are not sure how to fix it even with a manual, call a heating engineer for routine gas boiler service.
- Acton Burnell Shropshire SY5 Boiler Engineers
- Admaston Shropshire TF5 Biomass Boilers
- Alberbury Shropshire SY5 Corfield Plumbers
- Albrighton Shropshire SY4 Corfield Plumbers
- All Stretton Shropshire SY6 Gas Boiler
- Asterley Shropshire SY5 Biomass Boilers
- Astley Shropshire SY4 Boiler Repairs
- Aston Shropshire SY4 Corfield Plumbers
- Atcham Shropshire SY5 Boilers
- Baschurch Shropshire SY4 Boilers
- Battlefield Shropshire SY1 Boiler Installation
- Berrington Shropshire SY5 Boiler Installation
- Bishop’s Castle Shropshire SY9 Gas Boiler Repairs
- Bomere Heath Shropshire SY4 Boiler Service
- Booley Shropshire SY4 Boiler Installation
- Burlton Shropshire SY4 Gas Boiler
- Cardeston Shropshire SY5 Oil Boiler Service
- Cardington Shropshire SY6 Gas Boiler
- Cefn Einion Shropshire SY9 Shrewsbury Boiler Service
- Church Pulverbatch Shropshire SY5 Boiler Engineers
- Church Stretton Shropshire SY6 Gas Boiler Repairs
- Clive Shropshire SY4 Biomass Boilers
- Colebatch Shropshire SY9 Corfield Plumbers
- Condover Shropshire SY5 Gas Boiler
- Cound Shropshire SY5 Gas Boiler Repairs
- Cressage Shropshire SY5 Shrewsbury Boiler Service
- Uffington Shropshire SY4 Gas Boiler
- Upton Magna Shropshire SY4 Gas Boiler Repairs
- Walcot Shropshire SY7 Boiler Installation
- Walford Shropshire SY4 Boiler Installation
- Westbury Shropshire SY5 Shrewsbury Boiler Service
- Weston Lullingfields Shropshire SY4 Shrewsbury Boiler Service
- Wilcott Shropshire SY4 Corfield Plumbers
- Withington Shropshire SY4 Gas Boiler Repairs
- Wollaston Shropshire SY5 Corfield Plumbers
- Woolstaston Shropshire SY6 Corfield Plumbers
- Wrockwardine Shropshire TF6 Boilers
- Wroxeter Shropshire SY5 Corfield Plumbers
- Wykey Shropshire SY4 Corfield Plumbers
- Yeaton Shropshire SY4 Boiler Repairs
- Yockleton Shropshire SY5 Boilers
- Yorton Shropshire SY4 Shrewsbury Boiler Service