For most domestic central heating requirements in Shropshire A to C and elsewhere in Shropshire a more than 90% efficient condensing “combi” boiler and domestic hot water package, is the perfect solution to all your hot water needs. Its space-saving wall hung design provides high efficient heating for all Salop household needs, including hot water and radiant systems for heating the home. Ample domestic hot water production and space heating are provided when the boiler is sized correctly for your Shropshire home providing a supply for showers and washing the dishes while eliminating the need for a separate storage tank.
Central Heating and Boiler Basics
Natural gas*, supplied to the home by an underground main line, is fed through a small pipe leading into your home. When the thermostat triggers the boiler to heat the house, a valve opens, releasing the natural gas into a combustion chamber in the form of small jets. An electric spark ignites the fuel. The fire heats the water-filled pipes that circulate through your home. The pipes connect to a radiator where the heated water emits heat energy into the room. Once the heat is exhausted into the air, the cooled water returns through the pipes leading back to the boiler to be reheated and circulated again.
- – Other fuels such as Oil, Biomass and LPG may be used, but the principle is the same for all.
Boiler inspection, servicing, and maintenance is essential as modern heating systems are quite complex and the malfunctioning of any component may cause the whole system to stop working.
Worst of all failure of heating is most likely to occur when the system is working the hardest, on the coldest days of winter, unless it is properly serviced. Don’t make it more likely that you will shiver! Get your boiler inspection done annually!
We often Advise Buying From The Our Recommended Combi Boiler Range
Worcester-Bosch are undoubtedly one of the leading manufacturers of gas fired boilers in the UK, with a rich history spanning 50 years of production, Worcester are one the household names to look for when purchasing a new gas boiler for your home.
In August 2012, Worcester announced the launch (although to many say it was a revision) of the new Greenstar CDi Classic Combination Boiler Range.
A total of 8 models of boilers have been launched, they are:
Greenstar 29Cdi Classic - (Formerly Greenstar 27Cdi)
Greenstar 34Cdi Classic - (Formerly Greenstar 30Cdi)
Greenstar 38Cdi Classic- (Formerly Greenstar 37Cdi)
Greenstar 42Cdi Classic - (Formerly Greenstar 42Cdi)
All models are available in either standard natural gas, or in an LPG option for those in remote locations.
So What's The Difference?
Most notably, the Greenstar Classic range have had a whole host of internal upgrades and improvements with the clever introduction of a more energy efficient standby mode. With consumers continually looking at ways to reduce their energy consumption within the home, Worcester have managed to reduce the standby electricity output of the CDi boilers from 9W to just 3.5W in the new CDi Classic Boilers.
This enables customers to benefit from a more energy efficient source of heating and hot water, which will have a positive impact on electricity bills. Therefore keeping a high standard in energy efficiency and maintaining the SEBUK A-Rated performance values in excess of 90% efficient.
The overall outputs of 27kW, 30kW and 37kW within the CDi range have been upgraded to 29kW, 34kW and 38kW in a move which substantially improves performance in flow rates, giving better hot water service to bathrooms and kitchens.
In addition to this increase in performance and reduction in energy consumption, the everyday operation has not been overlooked in this overhaul. The introduction of a magnetic flap access panel has greatly improved upon the Greenstar CDi's original push and click mechanism, a feature which often failed with many years of use.
With peace of mind and reduced costs on everyone's minds, Worcester haven't scrimped on the warranty either, with a current promotion of a full 5 Year parts and labour warranty on the boiler and a huge 10 Year Warranty on the primary heat exchanger.
Some features and benefits at a glance:
- Best boiler efficiency rating SEDBUK band A
- Fully condensing in both central heating and domestic hot water modes
- Keep hot facility - instantly available hot water
- Extremely small standby electrical output of 3.5W - energy efficient
- Wall mounting frame allows pipework to be hidden from view
- Vertical pre-piping kit
- Below boiler pipe cover
- Earth bonding strip
- Low NOx and CO2 emissions - environmentally friendly
- 5 year boiler guarantee until 31st December 2012, terms and conditions apply (standard guarantee: 2 years)
- 10 year guarantee on primary heat exchanger
- 5 year anti-scale guarantee on domestic hot water heat exchanger
- Hot water and central heating temperatures can be controlled
- Multi-directional fluing means boiler can be sited in a wider variety of places
- Mechanical, digital and new generation intelligent controls all compatible
- Heat load and flow generated precisely to meet the heating system's requirements using a modulating pump
With the introduction of the new Greenstar Classic Combination boilers in 2012, Worcester's continued program of improvements ensures they remain the UK's favoured choice for boiler manufacturer, there is no better time to purchase a combi boiler to reduce bills and save energy.
- Acton Burnell Shropshire SY5 Boiler Engineers
- Admaston Shropshire TF5 Biomass Boilers
- Alberbury Shropshire SY5 Corfield Plumbers
- Albrighton Shropshire SY4 Corfield Plumbers
- All Stretton Shropshire SY6 Gas Boiler
- Asterley Shropshire SY5 Biomass Boilers
- Astley Shropshire SY4 Boiler Repairs
- Aston Shropshire SY4 Corfield Plumbers
- Atcham Shropshire SY5 Boilers
- Baschurch Shropshire SY4 Boilers
- Battlefield Shropshire SY1 Boiler Installation
- Berrington Shropshire SY5 Boiler Installation
- Bishop’s Castle Shropshire SY9 Gas Boiler Repairs
- Bomere Heath Shropshire SY4 Boiler Service
- Booley Shropshire SY4 Boiler Installation
- Burlton Shropshire SY4 Gas Boiler
- Cardeston Shropshire SY5 Oil Boiler Service
- Cardington Shropshire SY6 Gas Boiler
- Cefn Einion Shropshire SY9 Shrewsbury Boiler Service
- Church Pulverbatch Shropshire SY5 Boiler Engineers
- Church Stretton Shropshire SY6 Gas Boiler Repairs
- Clive Shropshire SY4 Biomass Boilers
- Colebatch Shropshire SY9 Corfield Plumbers
- Condover Shropshire SY5 Gas Boiler
- Cound Shropshire SY5 Gas Boiler Repairs
- Cressage Shropshire SY5 Shrewsbury Boiler Service
- Uffington Shropshire SY4 Gas Boiler
- Upton Magna Shropshire SY4 Gas Boiler Repairs
- Walcot Shropshire SY7 Boiler Installation
- Walford Shropshire SY4 Boiler Installation
- Westbury Shropshire SY5 Shrewsbury Boiler Service
- Weston Lullingfields Shropshire SY4 Shrewsbury Boiler Service
- Wilcott Shropshire SY4 Corfield Plumbers
- Withington Shropshire SY4 Gas Boiler Repairs
- Wollaston Shropshire SY5 Corfield Plumbers
- Woolstaston Shropshire SY6 Corfield Plumbers
- Wrockwardine Shropshire TF6 Boilers
- Wroxeter Shropshire SY5 Corfield Plumbers
- Wykey Shropshire SY4 Corfield Plumbers
- Yeaton Shropshire SY4 Boiler Repairs
- Yockleton Shropshire SY5 Boilers
- Yorton Shropshire SY4 Shrewsbury Boiler Service