For most domestic central heating requirements in Shrewsbury and elsewhere in Shropshire a more than 90% efficient condensing “combi” boiler and domestic hot water package, is the perfect solution to all your hot water needs. Its space-saving wall hung design provides high efficient heating for all Salop household needs, including hot water and radiant systems for heating the home. Ample domestic hot water production and space heating are provided when the boiler is sized correctly for your Shropshire home providing a supply for showers and washing the dishes while eliminating the need for a separate storage tank.
Central Heating and Boiler Basics
Natural gas*, supplied to the home by an underground main line, is fed through a small pipe leading into your home. When the thermostat triggers the boiler to heat the house, a valve opens, releasing the natural gas into a combustion chamber in the form of small jets. An electric spark ignites the fuel. The fire heats the water-filled pipes that circulate through your home. The pipes connect to a radiator where the heated water emits heat energy into the room. Once the heat is exhausted into the air, the cooled water returns through the pipes leading back to the boiler to be reheated and circulated again.
- – Other fuels such as Oil, Biomass and LPG may be used, but the principle is the same for all.
Boiler inspection, servicing, and maintenance is essential as modern heating systems are quite complex and the malfunctioning of any component may cause the whole system to stop working.
Worst of all failure of heating is most likely to occur when the system is working the hardest, on the coldest days of winter, unless it is properly serviced. Don’t make it more likely that you will shiver! Get your boiler inspection done annually!
The Top Reasons Why You Should Have Your Boiler Serviced
When the cold weather starts to show its nasty face, we all know that it won't be long before the home central heating is switched on to keep us warm. Sometimes though it decides not to work and you have to find someone who knows how to fix it.
A very small percentage of people have their boiler serviced every year without fail, these are the people who prepare for the colder months, knowing that when they need the heating on it will all be fine.
The majority of people though these days seem to forget or just don't bother to have the boiler serviced until it breaks down. The boiler is just like a car, you need to have the car checked over and oil added if needed, otherwise it will eventually breakdown.
I have listed 5 reasons below on why you should have the boiler serviced.
- One of the mains reasons why your boiler should be serviced each year is safety. When a service is carried out the flue pipe that removes the exhaust gas is checked over for leakage. Should a leak in the flue pipe be found, it could be producing carbon monoxide into the room that the boiler is located in, and we all know how dangerous to life it can be.
- We all like to keep warm in the winter months, but can you imagine coming home from work on a very cold evening only to find your home is cold because the boiler has stopped.
- The boiler fitted in your property normally supplies both hot water and heating throughout your home, should the boiler stop working you may find yourself taking a cold shower.
- If your boiler is either a combination or system boiler then it will be fitted with an expansion vessel somewhere, it could be fitted internal of the boiler or fitted externally close to the boiler. This vessel over time will loose its pressure and needs to be reset.
- The boilers of today are very highly tuned to give you the user the efficiency you require, when the service is carried out, the boiler is connected to a gas analyser to check on it efficiency and safety. Should the boiler need adjustments then it can be adjusted and checked over again.
If your boiler is around 11 years old or younger it will most likely be a high efficient condensing boiler. These boilers are not like the old style boilers that went on for many years without having a service. Those boilers were very costly to use, around 40% of your fuel bill went out of the boilers flue.
Today's condensing boilers have an efficiency rating of around 90%, that's a saving of around 30% on your fuel bill, but if fail to have the boiler serviced you will start see your fuel bills rise along with the fuel suppliers regular increase.
It's very important to have a regular boiler service because it will also increase the life of the boiler, if left then the life span becomes very low, and you will be changing the boiler at some stage, and we all know how costly that can be.
Top Tip, When you find someone to service your boiler, if the boiler works by gas then you must use a Gas Safe Registered Engineer to carry out the work for you. You must not use a friend or someone who says don't worry I can do it for you unless they are registered.
The boiler when working keeps us all warm with plenty of hot water, but when it stops it become a headache.
- Shrewsbury Gas Boiler Repairs
- Bayston Hill Boiler Installation
- Belle Vue Gas Boiler Repairs
- Bicton Gas Boiler
- Bowbrook Corfield Plumbers
- Cherry Orchard Boiler Repairs
- Coleham Biomass Boilers
- Copthorne Shrewsbury Boiler Service
- Coton Hill Gas Boiler
- Ditherington Corfield Plumbers
- Frankwell Boilers
- Gains Park Corfield Plumbers
- Harlescott Gas Boiler Repairs
- Heathgates Biomass Boilers
- Kingsland Shrewsbury Boiler Service
- Meole Brace Corfield Plumbers
- Radbrook Green Biomass Boilers
- Shelton Shrewsbury Boiler Service
- Sutton Farm Boiler Installation
- Sundorne Emergency Boiler Repair
- Underdale Gas Boiler Repairs